Monday, February 2, 2009

Do we really care?

After this past class, we have been talking about how we care about or relate to our major. For me personally and well three other people in the class also, my major means a lot to me. However, I feel like other things that I really care about stick out more. Whether it be from animal cruelty, poverty, or even the environment, we all care about something and even in the smallest way we try to that we care. I personally care about how the love in a family sticks together through the toughest of times. From births to deaths, from marriages to divorce, families are always strong. In the following clip Margaret Wheatley talks about how people act responsible when they care about something. 




I think that this will help us with our secular altars because all we have to remember is that if we care about something then we know that we can do something about it. We feel responsible enough to care. I think that as the semester continues on we will care about more things that what we already know of. As we dig deeper down, we will find the little things that we care about and unconsciously and consciously act upon. Also I feel that the readings will help us find what we really care about and will help us to understand them better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment