Sunday, January 18, 2009

Informal Post

Since I am not a very religious person I think this class will mostly be a learning experience.  Even after reading the two packets from The Economist it was interesting to see how different countries and religions respond to different ideas.  The secular part of the class should be interesting as well.  I was unsure what the meaning of the word secular was before attending the first class but now I know it tends to deal more with tradition and less with religion.  I think that will be a good discussion on what is secular without being sacred and the other way around.  I hope to learn all about sacred traditions in this country and in others along with secular traditions and how they interact.  Overall I think this class will be interesting and I will learn a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment