Sunday, January 18, 2009

Would you want to be Catholic?

When I read the articles "In Gods Name" and "Stop In The Name" I thought of religion in a different way. I was not raised in a religious family and never attended church. I went with friends when I stayed the night at their houses but never of my own free will. When I got old enough, I wanted to look into religion a little more and research some to see if I connected with any of them. I ended up finding a good fit for me, but my research into Catholicism put me off to that idea.
They do not make it that easy to convert and plus they have a lot of rules! For a high school kid just looking for something bigger to believe in, it really wasn't the most welcoming religion. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way or not but just from all the rules I knew that it wasn't for me.
If anyone else has felt this way about religion in general, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment