Wednesday, April 8, 2009

North Dakota.... Again?

I'm not sure if you all remember. A few weeks ago I posted an informal post about North Dakota making it illegal to have an abortion. Well, again North Dakota has taken a few steps backwards. As Vermont has moved forward with same-sex marriages something that may seem completely ridiculous to us has happened. A policy to end discrimination in housing, employment and credit based on sexual orientation was put forth to the North Dakota House losing 54-34. I think it is absolutely shameful. I don't see how any policy on any person to end discrimination could be rejected. We are supposed to be an equal nation yet we say it's okay to discriminate people if we're not comfortable with their sexual orientation.

I would like to see a policy put forth federally to end discrimination against sexual orientation. If we are truly a free nation we need to protect everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you Craig that there should some type of policy where it does not discriminate against sexual orientation. To me it seems like free nation is going away slowly in US. Free nation is becoming nation of something where it does not protect everyone anymore. If we really want consider ourselves free nation, everyone should have the right to marry whom they love. Lets not discriminate because of whom that person wants to get marry. Weather if the couples are men and woman or woman and woman or men and men, it should not make any difference. If these people are in love, they should have the right to get married. Why should states have to put laws that will either allow gay couples get married or not? I just don't think it is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm entering a writing novel contest, and in the form it asks if my story is a Christian (CBA) novel or a Secular (ABA) novel. I understand what these words mean normally, but when it comes to novel terms I'm lost. I'm writing a sci-fi story that briefly mentions religion at some points as religion is pretty hard to avoid in society, but it is definitely not a significant or even small part of the story.

    hvac schools in Dakota

    ReplyDelete